“Ça va” in French = “Saba” which means Mackerel in Japanese. Canned Mackerel, this unexpected item has gained popularity in Japan about a year ago, when a TV program introduced that it contained rich in essential fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), both said to be effective in preventing lifestyle-related diseases, brain activation and diet. Since then the canned mackerel has now become a boom, look to the canned mackerels brands available in Japan has increased considerably.
Mackerel – Saba pâté ｜鯖パテ
- 2 Canned Mackerel (190g x 2 cans) | 鯖缶
- 1 chopped leaks | ネギ（みじん切り）
- 1 cloves of sliced garlic | にんにく（千切り）
- 2 tablespoon White Wine | 白ワイン
- 100g Coconut Oil | ココナッツオイル
- Salt and Pepper | 塩・黒胡椒
- Open the can of mackerel into a pot inclusive of the packed liquid. Use unsalted can. Place over medium heat adds the chopped garlic and leaks. | 鯖缶を浸かっている水ごとお鍋にあけます。中火でみじん切りのネギ、ニンニクを足します。
- Using a fork, mash the mackerel while evaporating the moisture from the mackerel. Once the mackerel becomes slightly thick, add the coconut oil, white wine.｜フォークを使って鯖の実を潰しながら水分を蒸発させていきます。水分が減った時点でココナッツオイルと白ワインを足します。
- Simmer further until it reaches a puree-like thickness. Add salt and pepper to your taste.｜さらに中火で煮て、プュレの様になったら塩胡椒で味と整えます。
- Pour the pate into a preserving dish. Keep it refrigerated. | 保存皿にパテを注ぎ、冷蔵保管してください。飾り付けに胡椒の粒や月桂樹の葉っぱなど使うと綺麗です。
Hi! I’m Hisako. A personal recipe library to share.Read more about this chef..